Jimmy’s doesn’t have our own master grower to teach you the ins and outs of your new favourite hobby. We leave that to the experts.
Our friends at The Grow Room can help take you from seed to sprout and the rest of the way to your first rec home grow. What’s the saying? It’s not what you know- but who you know? Well give ‘em a ring and let them know Jimmy’s sent you, Grow Room is our kind of people.
Seed to Sprout - By The Grow Room
You’ve bought your seeds, now what?
Let’s get cracking!
First let’s get through some basic terminology
No we go
Before germinating your seed you must BE READY. Think of this little seed as your new baby and you need to be prepared for it once it has life!
Have your grow space ready. This is the whole setup where your plant is going to live once you
transplant the seedling into it’s final home. The most important part of this setup is the light!
Determine your grow medium: You can grow your plant(s) in an all organic soil method, hydroponically or soilless.
Determine your germinating method
1.) Paper Towel Method
- You need a seed, a plate (or two), paper towel, plastic wrap, filtered water
- Dampen the paper towel with filtered water
- Place your seed between two damp pieces
- Make sure there is still some air
- Place in a warm space - between 21-26°C
- Check regularly
- Don’t let the paper towel dry out or get too wet
- On a healthy seed it should take 24hrs - 7days to see the tap-root
2.) Soil Method
- You need a seed and seedling soil, filtered water, small pot
- Soak the seed for 16-24 hours in a cup filled with filtered water
- Place the seed 1/2 inch under the soil in the small pot
- Cover with plastic wrap - don’t fill the small pot completely full with dirt. Make sure there is room
- for the sprout to emerge from the soil
It should take 3-7 days to start seeing your seedling pop up through the soil
Check on it regularly throughout the 24 hours. If your seed sprouts it’s tap-root immediately
remove from the water and plant 1/2inch into the soil with the tap-root facing down
For the next steps or more information contact The Grow Room.
Happy Growing Everyone.